View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 AM

Mein Auto: 545i E60
Replaced Thermostat P0128 On No Heat

So it all started with a check engine light and "Increased Emission" message. I took my 545i to the stealer, since I have a limited extended warranty that may or may not have covered the issue. The dealer called and told me that I had a bad thermostat, which was not covered by my extended warranty. Since they wanted $525 to replace it, I opted to change it my self. I ordered a Beck Arnley 143-0869 thermostat and installed it. The code did not clear and my heater still did not work. I then replaced the coolant temp sensor right after the thermostat, which did not fix it either. I thought maybe the new thermostat was faulty so I exchanged it for the same kind and replaced it again, which was not the problem. At this point the car is drivable, but its cold even here in Texas, without a heater. The P0128 code is still active as well. Im just wondering what direction to go from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have searched past threads, but have not found a solution. The coolant level is good and there are no problems with the fan running excessively. 75K miles.
Advertisement