View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybimmer10 View Post
Hi, I recently did some research on this & found that if you put regular tires on it, it won't handle as it should because the run flats are a stiff side wall tire & regular ones have a soft side wall that takes away from the way it's supposed to handle. And then there's the safety factor. If you have ever had a front tire blow out at high speeds,you know how violent the steering wheel can react.
With run flats at during a high speed blow out,they do not react half as bad as regular tires do..thus,maybe saving your life,not to mention your loved ones that are in the car with you & also the others you might hit. So,I'm sticking with the run flats and as anyone knows...your not going far on regular tires with a flat but run flats are made to get you to a SAFE PLACE TO PARK your beloved bimmer & not get stuck in a..uh..not so great neighborhood as well!

Running Michelin PSS non-runflats. Much better handling and ride than RFT's - you'll find that's the usual conclusion.

Had a flat w/OEM RFT's. None yet w/non-runflats - keep a ContiComfotKit in my trunk just in case.

No worries.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 01-19-2013 at 05:35 PM.