View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybimmer10 View Post
Hi, I recently did some research on this & found that if you put regular tires on it, it won't handle as it should because the run flats are a stiff side wall tire & regular ones have a soft side wall that takes away from the way it's supposed to handle. And then there's the safety factor. If you have ever had a front tire blow out at high speeds,you know how violent the steering wheel can react.
With run flats at during a high speed blow out,they do not react half as bad as regular tires do..thus,maybe saving your life,not to mention your loved ones that are in the car with you & also the others you might hit. So,I'm sticking with the run flats and as anyone knows...your not going far on regular tires with a flat but run flats are made to get you to a SAFE PLACE TO PARK your beloved bimmer & not get stuck in a..uh..not so great neighborhood as well!
Finally someone who thinks like me!

If the $200-300 price difference between go flats and RFTs is that significant, maybe you should sell your bimmers and get bicycles instead.
As for the quality of the ride, the go flats remain better but not that much better compared to the current vs. 1st generation of run flats, all in the context of spirited, everyday driving conditions. For track use, obviously go with high performance.....

Last edited by Bemo; 01-19-2013 at 12:19 PM.