View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiani View Post
I traded my 2002 E46 coupe for a TSX back in 2010... Lease is ending and I'd like to come back to BMW. But I'm finding that in the intervening time BMW is beginning to jettison the manual transmission completely for the US market.

But what's more shocking is that there's no talk of it here. I've been pouring through the threads and either I'm missing it, or no one cares.

Really? No 328xi with a stick? Really?? Not even for European delivery? Jesus H Christ.

People, we need to start a letter writing campaign, show up with pitchforks, start building voodoo dolls. Whatever. This is awful. Is Audi or Mini all that's left? Is there no way to speak up?

Steve
I too was considering a F30 stick shift, however, I also wanted an AWD and my Wife requested me to get an Automatic transmission. Yet the two things that surprised me were the fact that the 328i xDrive did not offer a manual and that an Automatic is the same cost!

If the manual was less as it was on the previous E90 (the Auto was an $800 option), I would have ordered differently. I find it hard to believe the new 8 speed is the same cost as the Manual? It seems that BMW could have offered a 7 speed manual or some type of performance package with the manual for those who wanted it. When I bought my Acura TL in 2005, the Manuals were the same cost as the Automatics BUT Acura gave you the upgraded Brembo brakes with that stick!

That being said, the xDrive and the Wife's desire beat my desire to have three pedals and I am very happy with the 328i xDrive, besides, the new Automatic is quite good!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats