View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50
Newbie: 2011 BMW X5 50

Hello,

After much deliberation, I sold my 2006 X5 4.8is, and purchased a 2011 X5 50 with just 13,500 miles. It is very well optioned, and in mint condition , and met my mandatory requirements of black saphire / black interior, with the 20 inch staggered wheel option. I purchased it in Atlanta from a Land Rover dealership and had a very enjoyable ride home to NYC in my new ride. Just a few questions, and I apologize in advance if they are newb.

1) I already replaced the Bridgestone RFT tires with Continental DWS (huge improvement) so , I want to purchase a space saver spare. Two things, where can I purchase the whole kit (jack, tools, wheel / tire)? Also, the storage area under the cargo floor where the space saver will go, is carpetted. How is the space saver clamped down so that it doesn't move / rattle?

2) I got the keys, remotes, manuals with the X5. However, I would love to have the window sticker that came with the car when new. Is there some place that would have this if I provided my vin? I know the car was delivered new to its original owner in Atlanta.

3) On rough roads, there is a very slight rubbing noise coming from the hatch area. It really is not very noticeable, but is it a common problem that I can locate and put some felt on?

4) FM radio reception seems a bit weak. Is this a common issue?

Many thanks. I love this X5 and appreciate all comments.

Bruce
Advertisement