View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:30 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
If you have th ZF transmission I posted about earlier and you dropped the pan I bet the LG6 stunk like hell. All the LG fluids seen to do that. Mercon SP is the correct fluid since I did spend money to have analysis done for both and many of us are using it with zero problems. If you are having issues with the transmission shifting poorly it isn't the fluid. Blackstones analysis said the newe LG6 I sent them and the new Mercon SP I sent them could be from the same batch.

I had thought the 328 was a GM transmission but you pulled the pan and the pan and the filter are integral. What did the old fluid smell like? Dextron smells like regular transmission fluid and LG 6 stinks.

Something isn't right here too many of us have changed the fluid in the pan with no issues using Mercon SP. Did you take any pictures of anything you did, did you refill the transmission with the car running in park once you filled it the first time?
Congrats on getting the sleeve in place. You did see the write up on correct positioning of the sleeve?

More details please...

Last edited by fun2drive; 01-19-2013 at 04:31 PM.