View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 325i automatikgetriebe
Trans code but no limp, car got hot but wasn't

I have a 2001 325i with an automatic. I experienced a weird conflation of electrical/cluster warrnings this afternoon after working on the radio.

1) Left the house to run errands. Temp jumped up into the red zone, pulled over and shut off immediately, opened the hood and the engine was cool like it was supposed to be after three minutes of driving. No steam, block still cool. Coolant level was fine and fan clutch was working. Never did boil over or get hot.

2) I also noticed my transmission control light was on, but the car was not in limp mode. The car shifted through all the gears on the way home like you would expect. The exclamation point was also lit.

Got home. Checked fluid levels again - all fine. Check oil - no coolant in it. Checked all fuses pertaining to items and they were fine. I came in and spent extensive time on google search feature of this board and another one but was not having symptoms of any problems one would associate with temp in red zone and tranny light.

Did I screw something up putting the radio back in? My harness was hard to get out and I did pull on it, but no yanking like trying to pull all the damn wiring out of the dash. Or, do you think I have two separate issues that occured at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions, etc.

Last edited by vandyboy; 01-19-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisement