View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
Also no issues... 30,000km on using oem rft but for the last 2k switched to the 19 perreli rft on oem rims also with no issues

I have had a different SUV my wife drives with an uncorrectable wobble for 5 months. The tire shop took the tires back after replacement with same brand several times and the new brand worked flawless.

As a side note, 10 years ago had a Pontiac grand am, that when ever it came to a stop, there was this horrible grinding noise... Sounded like metal contact with brake discs. After 2 years of Messiaen around, I replaced the Goodyear HP model tires with another good year model and the grinding went away. Later we discovered the oem tires had some design element in the rubber near where the rim contact area and when the tires aged it would sag and rub against this design pattern in the rubber and make what sounded like a grinding noise... At that point gm paid me back for the new tires as I was able to prove it was a defect...

My point is, tires can play a big role despite the best efforts of the dealer...