View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Device Under Test

Mein Auto: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgr122 View Post
And that's why BMW service works like it does... apparently there are enough people who just pay without any questions.

I already put 1000 worth new parts into this since i bought it and if i let BMW mechanic assemble everything for me it would be like 2000 of work.

I don't have 2000 extra which i can just give to some guy.
Everyone does that, though; the dealers are just the worst about it. Especially when you're going in for a state inspection ( similar to your MoT inspection) it's not uncommon to have to fix things that aren't exactly problems.

I just got my 325 inspected and had to replace the side mirror glass because it was delaminated in spots. In Pennsylvania it's like they don't trust you to actually maintain your car so even if it works but it probably won't last until your next inspection, you're going to have to replace it. Brakes that still have 20% life left, tires that are still above the wear bar...

Most other states I've lived in just want to make sure it meets the specs on the day you take it in. PA seems to want to certify that it will continue to meet specs for the duration of the inspection period.

Enough miles to make it to the moon... Here's to getting home.