View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: '13 328i M-Sport
Smile Frankfurt Auto Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
The people I spoke with said the Philly Car Show was an A show until about 7 years ago.
That's about right and about when I started going to the Frankfurt show instead. The Frankfurt show is the largest car show in the world and is held on odd-numbered years.

If you are in Philly, can sleep on a plane, and have some time and cash to spare, I highly recommend going to the Frankfurt show . There are so many European brands that never make it to the States that the show is very exciting (and a bit depressing because of our lack of choice). I typically fly out on a Wednesday after work, and do the show on Thursday. (Going mid-week avoids the larger crowds.) At the end of the day, I catch a connecting flight to where I want to sightsee and chill out before flying home on Sunday.

The 65th International Motor Show in Frankfurt is open to the public from September 14-22, 2013 and costs 18; there are "trade" days earlier and anyone can buy a trade ticket, but they cost more and don't go on sale until July. Info at http://www.iaa.de/en/visitors/tickets/. Enjoy!