View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Of course I don't know the full series of events. Like I said, dude pulled out his cam after it got heated. Nobody is going to have their cam out and going for the first approach. It was clear to me that for the Diesel PU people having the AC going uninterrupted for their child's comfort was their foremost concern. That sort of arrogance leads me think that no matter how she approached them the first time, they were going to blow her off. It boggles the mind. A healthy child can't continue to sleep at ambient temps? Maybe a little peace and quiet would have aided the child's sleeping.

As I said earlier, I sometimes like to take a brief power nap if I'm worried about alertness at the wheel. I could easily see myself trying to nap in a parking lot and a PU show up and stay at idle, me starting to fume wondering when they were going to shut the damn thing off.

I have little patience for people who think keeping their diesel running takes precedence over all other concerns. We bow down to the IC engine enough as it is. The woman was an ass but I'd have been pissed as well and I don't drive a Prius.

The Prius driver was obviously one of those arrogant egotistical elitist wacko environmentalists who look down their sanctimonious noses at anyone who doesn't conform to their idealistic utopian view of the word.

This fanatical Kaczynski like defense you've conjured up is ridiculous on it's face. She confronted the truck owner in an aggressive manner not defensive as would be the case if he had somehow insulted her first.

My right to keep my diesel running is infinitely more important that your ability to sleep. That's what a bed is for.