View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive by72 View Post
The only guaranteed rights you have are in the constitution. Show me a law that says no idling of a diesel engine in a public parking lot in the daytime...

Good luck with that.

I dont see a connection to how I would feel if a relative was killed by a sleeping driver and this video. I know what a 10 minute nap makes. I've driven 18 hours straight through with naps every 4-5 hours. I didnt go to truck stops though, because I knew there would be idling diesel engines. Whats next, you're gonna say no to that too?

I'm not one to cause road rage, nor am I the first to make a confrontation. But I usually end the confrontation. In this case, had I been the diesel truck driver, I would have been polite and said go mind your own business for the first time. After that I would have backed up to her Prius, locked my doors and let the coal fricken roll, then leave. You wanna be a bitch to me? Fine. Dont be pissed when I'm a dlck to you then
Oh jeez. So the constitution guarantees you the right to idle your engine whenever you feel like it? This is not a matter of law, it's a matter of common decency.

You said 'no right to a nap in a parking lot.' What nonsense. It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of common sense. I'd much rather a driver take a nap than drive while sleepy. Can be as bad as driving drunk. This incident didn't take place at a truck stop.

The lady stated that she asked politely and they laughed at her. Who knows, but wouldn't surprise me. Their daughter has allergies and needs to sleep in a space with AC powered by a diesel with hundreds of foot pounds of torque? Oh please. We are WAY too in love with our vehicles in this land. They are a tool, not a lover. The guy's printed remarks in the vid make it clear that he's among the ranks of self-infatuated diesel geeks. I own two BTW, a Mercedes 300SD and a Grumman with a 6.2 GM.

Telling her to mind her own business would be polite?!? It WAS her business. Being polite would have been going somewhere else or turning off the engine.

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 01-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.