View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM

Mein Auto: 04' M3 SMG Vert
Exclamation Motor problems! VANOS? ICV?

I have been having a very weird and interesting issue with my 04' M3 SMG. My car has been having idle and stalling issues. The codes that have been read are all pertaining to the exhaust camshaft and the exhaust pulse generator (fancy Camshaft Position Sensor). I did replace the exhaust sensor but the codes still persist (its been about 500 miles) as well as the idle and stall issues. But here is where things get interesting. Every time I turn on the engine, it responds differently. Sometimes it will hesitate, sometimes it will not turn on at all, and others it will turn on perfectly fine and run strong. I have realized I can somehow control this with having different things turned on in the car (as weird as that may seem). Sometimes, it will turn on, and function, correctly if when starting the car, sport mode is on or the air conditioner is on or any combination of the above or, of course, when there is nothing on. Its a very odd situation. I have a couple verdicts in mind; The ICV, Vanos Solenoid, Exhaust Cam Hub, exhaust cam sensor. I'm not very sure what I should do at this point. If any of you have any suggestions or possible diagnosis it would be great. Thanks
Advertisement