View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM

Mein Auto: 335is
Hey chop,

I actually love the dct. It is by far the best "automatic" I've driven. Shifts are super quick and very smooth. I think there are 5 different settings (normal, ds, ds+sport, manual and manual + sport) each giving a different feel and shifting aggressiveness.

While I've driven a few manual transmission cars and have enjoyed it, I've never owned one. So this time around I want to change it up and give the manual try. I have nothing against the dct.

I'm going to stick with the 18" wheels. I think they look big enough and perform fine. The run flat tires that come with the car suck. Be prepared to switch them off or buy the tire insurance. Mine started to fall apart after 5k miles. They are also expensive to replace. I took off my rfts and replaced them with continental dws non-rfts that fit on the stock staggered 18" wheels. They are better for the winters here in new York and have reduced some of the harshness that the rfts created in the ride.

In terms of color, I have the le mans and love it. Ive seen the is in the sapphire black and really liked it too. I bet it's harder to keep looking clean though.

Good luck with your is. It's a great car which is why I'm considering another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1358740863.861663.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	358565