View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by st1sj View Post
Hey Keith, thanks for the response! I have a 08 S2000 that rattles my brain with every bump, so I think I can do without the Sports Package (although the bigger rims/tires would look better; the 17" will be cheaper).

By the way, the G35's clutch is not easy to operate smoothly. I noticed that the 550i throws are longer than the G35 (and much longer than the S2K). What is your experience?
The clutch / shift linkage in the BMW is, in my opinion, one of the best out there. BTW, one feature of the Sport Package that I forgot to list is a shorter throw linkage; the linkage on my car is like butter, one of the best I've ever felt, except maybe a Miata. The clutch pickup is far superior to both. I came from a Nissan Maxima, which had an awful shift linkage feel. The clutch was also pretty abrupt, but I got used to it.

I'd reconsider the sport package if I were you. The ride is pretty darn good, particularly given the handling capabilities. It will be far better than your S2K.

Keith