View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Originally Posted by st1sj View Post
Hey Keith, thanks for the response! I have a 08 S2000 that rattles my brain with every bump, so I think I can do without the Sports Package (although the bigger rims/tires would look better; the 17" will be cheaper).

By the way, the G35's clutch is not easy to operate smoothly. I noticed that the 550i throws are longer than the G35 (and much longer than the S2K). What is your experience?
The clutch / shift linkage in the BMW is, in my opinion, one of the best out there. BTW, one feature of the Sport Package that I forgot to list is a shorter throw linkage; the linkage on my car is like butter, one of the best I've ever felt, except maybe a Miata. The clutch pickup is far superior to both. I came from a Nissan Maxima, which had an awful shift linkage feel. The clutch was also pretty abrupt, but I got used to it.

I'd reconsider the sport package if I were you. The ride is pretty darn good, particularly given the handling capabilities. It will be far better than your S2K.

2008 550i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, 6MT, Sport Package, Nav, Logic7, Comfort Access, Cold Weather, Folding Rear Seats, iPod SOLD, but not forgotten