View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Some new pics here:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ries-spy-shots

They're reporting it as the typical cycle which would indeed be in 2015. Seems that if BMW is fast tracking the facelift one year sooner than usual for this generation and releasing it as a 2014 MY, these guys didn't get the memo.

Notable stuff I noticed: I can see the less-slats look on the grille which should be interesting (if one deems it aesthetically superior to the current one, and if BMW doesn't change the grille shape, an OEM swap if desired would be doable I'm sure), yet can't tell what they mean by "pronounced reflectors"? The reflectors are the thin pieces on the bottom of the rear bumper, the taillights don't have any reflectors. It looks like they're identical taillights with what will be a different ending form, which I'm curious to know how that goes.

They just updated the Nav for 2013 models from what I hear, so it'll be interesting to see just how good it gets again if they truly do upgrade it again. The Nav right now is awesome. From what I understand (if I remember correctly), the 2013 cars got an all new Chip that makes the car processes much faster than the old one? Which regardless if true; all the tech/electronics/gadgets on this car are damn near instantaneous. Quite a contrast compared to the comparatively "wait and load" effect on my old M-B's.
I'm sorry K-A. The 2013 Nav is awesome? Excuse me? I had to hold my breath when I read that. Yes, it is quick and yes the 3D graphics are nice, but the routes still suck, and try getting it to direct you to a restaurant on the other side of the city - when you know the name but not the address. It's an exercise in frustration. Siri and Apple maps, fiasco that it is, got me there - BMW couldn't find the place.

ps hope I didn't come across as confrontational