View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 M5, 08 535xit
I went on Friday (black tie) and enjoyed myself. I don't consider this to be a top auto show so it's not a let down for me - I was happy an 328i wagon was there. Otherwise, it was a good time with just overall low quality food for the price of admission

One thing I know many will disagree with but I found the new 335 in estoril blue to be awful. The color was striking at first but then very quickly became "Omg that's gonna look like **** in 3 years"

And I like estoril blue m3's. It's the lines of the f30 for some reason. To each his own. Color always looked good in pictures to me; maybe it was the lighting.

The f30 continues to impress me overall. The current m5/m6 platforms are just huge - way too big. It's not just the physical size of the car - it's the high beltline and shortened greenhouse.

The one car that overall struck me was the Porsche Cayenne GTS they had at Porsche. Spectacular interior/space/layout/functionality all around. Every single thing I touched felt solid and high quality.

The boxster/cayman struck me as very nice cockpits....but....maybe it was the seat being all the way down/back, but the seating position was not good for a Porsche. I felt too inside the car. Panamera was the same way, and the 911. It really doesn't feel as "right on top of the road" as Porsche used to in their sports cars.

After getting in/around them but not driving them, I would get a Cayenne for my everyday life (still available in 6mt!) and an ol 993 for the fun times.