View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3
LCI X3 Headlight Washer Sprayer Leaking Fluid

I have a 2008 X3 with the cold weather package (headlight washers) and I have a washer fluid leak. I've noticed a small wet spot under the front right corner of my X3 for the past 2 days.

I've checked all around the washer fluid container and the various pumps and lines at the tank. I cannot find a leak at the tank or at the pumps.

Next, I pulled off the right front fog light trim ring and I can see fluid on the sprayer nozzle mechanism. So, it looks like this sprayer nozzle is the culprit.

See part number 3 in this diagram.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&hg=61&fg=45

Has anyone replaced the headlight washer nozzles on their X3? Does the front bumper skin need to come off for the repair, does the headlight need to come out or can I reach it if I remove the right inner fender?

I've searched Bimmerfest and Google and I can only find how to plug the line to stop the leak rather than how to replace the spray nozzle on X3s.
I did see a post for an e90 where the person made the repair by removing the inner fender.

Any input on the best way to approach this repair would be appreciated.

Thanks

BMW CCA #422951

Advertisement