View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
Take the bumper off. I know it sucks, but it's the easiest way to get to the fogs. I had Cold Weather Package, so I had washer fluid in the bumper for the headlights. This means there's a tank in the bumper in the way of one of the fogs, and hoses for all the fluid, so I had to be careful not to take the bumper too far from the car. Luckily there's plenty of room with the bumper just sitting in front. I put LED foglights in mine. Cheaper, and required no rewiring for HID ballasts. Only issue I came across -- and it never bothered me -- was on startup the computer would check the foglight status and blink them a bit.

Here's a pic.
If you go in from the bottom you can get around the tank issue. I had the bumper off for the LCI directional upgrade and I'm not certain that that is much easier.
If you remove the bumper just move away from the car slightly and you'll have access and enough hose length. Out some carpet under it to prevent damage when resting it on the ground.
HID's that I got needed no rewiring but I did have to reverse the polarity on the plugs so use caution on polarity. No error messages at all. They cost about $125 for the pair if I remember.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White

Last edited by roseng; 01-21-2013 at 01:26 PM.