View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Old Car Guy

Mein Auto: '98 740iL, '86 Mustang GT
1998 740iL upper radiator hose blows off radiator

1998 (US) 740il purchased mid last year (June-July) with 55,000 miles. A week ago, under spirited acceleration while merging onto a local highway, the upper radiator hose blew off of it. Very cold outside, so I had a bit of time to get to a parking lot before the engine went way too hot. Discovered that the upper radiator hose had the ribbed section of the plastic radiator port stuck in it an inch or two from the radiator main housing. Removed the broken piece of the "radiator" from the hose, refitted the hose, in a temporary fashion, filled system with H2O and limped home. Going to replace/ordered the radiator, clamps, hoses, expansion tank, cap, bleeder screw, along with a new serpentine belt. Just thought to share with my fellow enthusiasts. Any comments welcome.
p.s Already replaced the CPS, which was about 97% of another problem that, upon further review, I'm pretty sure replacing the "PCV" valve will clear up. My thanks to all for the info contained herein the forum. A lifesaver for me.
Advertisement