View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 730Ld F02 2011
Thanks for replies so far, and nice to hear that someone else has noticed the same.

@Individual750LI,
I assume your car is loaded with just about all options... I've got plenty of those also... (BTW, what year model is yours? [edit: sorry, can see it in your signature - a 2009 model - so we know now that the behavior has been there at least for 2009, 2010 and 2011 models]).

@bruno787
No, I don't think it is a/c blower (or any other blower). I was listening next to the car, no noise at all. Also, if it was a programmed start time, it would be a specific time of the day - not several times a day, each time exactly 1h after I turn off the engine.

Please note that the temperature here is well below zero (-10C or so) around the clock, and there is no need for any cooling. I do have Webasto heater in the car, but that is not programmed to start on timer, I use remote control shortly before I am about to leave; not 1h after I arrived.

One further note maybe... the power-on happens only once, no matter how many days the car is parked, and exactly 60 minutes after power off.

It would be nice to understand if this behavior comes along with some specific optional equipment -- anyone here with minimal options installed noticing the same?

All feedback welcome...

Last edited by dollarshopper; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM.