View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335Is
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
My wife's car is a 2011 335is Coupe. I loved the DCT and was kind of nudging her that way, but she was determined to have another manual transmission (all of her cars have been manuals). It was nearly impossible to find any 335 with a manual transmission in San Diego County when we were looking in January 2011. I finally found one and went and drove it on a weekday, but she wasn't able to. I had an S2000 at the time and I told her that it was the closest transmission that I'd driven to the absolutely excellent transmission in my S2000. That was good enough for her and she ordered it without ever driving a BMW manual until she drove her car off the floor at BMW Welt. She has been very happy with the manual.

After taking it to the track last year she is now earnestly trying to learn to heel-toe downshift.

P.S. The correct color name is "Le Mans Blue Metallic" aka "Le Mans Blue", not "le mans" or "Lemans". BMW offers exclusive colors on M cars and cars with the M Sport Package that are named after race tracks, i.e., Interlagos Blue, Estoril Blue, Laguna Seca Blue, Imola Red, Jerez Black, Sakhir Orange, Dakar Yellow to name just a few. You can see the entire list here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...rs-Race-Tracks. BTW, we were also unable to find a single Le Mans Blue car, new or used, at any BMW dealer in San Diego County, so we also ordered that sight-unseen. She has not been disappointed in our choices!
SD that's just me using short hand.."Lemans"While I have you any regrets choosing 18' over 19'?? I need to find one person yes just one that condones the choice of Crimson Red,Feelings?? I mean you had to have a 2nd choice to back up "Lemans" Did it again.