View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
BMW Platinum Visa Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen21 View Post
Does this only work if you are in "preset mode"? Let's say I go to AM and I am scrolling through AM stations. Now I hit my "5" button which I have programmed to a satellite station on my preset list. The way it is working for me is that I can now scroll through satellite channels, not my presets. Not sure if this makes sense but I guess my question is does my "5" button just take me to that channel or to that channel in my preset list.
The way iDrive sees it you are jumping from AM to Satellite.

Between the two moves, as you leave AM to go to Satellite you need to follow Step #2 and go to the Radio Menu, click on Presets, and 'retract' the Presets menu.

I know it's unintuitive, but it's how it works. To get your HUD to scroll through all 40 Presets, the last thing you need to do is retract the Presets menu. From there, it'll stick for years unless you go to a source like AM again.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House