View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop362 View Post
SD that's just me using short hand.."Lemans"While I have you any regrets choosing 18' over 19'?? I need to find one person yes just one that condones the choice of Crimson Red,Feelings?? I mean you had to have a 2nd choice to back up "Lemans" Did it again.
You forget that this is my wife's car, and she got what SHE wanted! This is her daily driver and we heard all kinds of horror stories about how bad RFT tires were, tires exploding on potholes, etc. We weren't about to make the problem even worse with 19" tires and wheels, so we stayed with the 18". We wanted to make sure she didn't get stranded, so it was simply the more practical choice. We have dedicated non-run-flat autocross tires and wheels now and we're not trying to impress anyone on the street.

My color choice was Alpine White because I liked the idea of the "Storm Trooper" look, with all the black accents on the 335is, but I'm glad she wanted the LMB because in AW it would have liked like a lot of other 335s. As I mentioned, LMB is an exclusive "M" color for the 335is, the 335i with the M Sport Package, and oh yeah, the M3, so by definition there are few BMWs in this color. It kind of begs to be LMB. We have absolutely no regrets getting LMB, even though we never got a chance to see it in person before we ordered it. The first time we saw the color was on the floor at BMW Welt, sitting on the rotating platform, in the spotlights! We still get compliments from people on the color, especially other BMW enthusiasts.

At one of our first autocrosses with the 335is another one showed up, in fact the only other one we've seen at an autocross, and he had the Crimson Red. The only other major differences between them that I remember other than the color is that he had the 19" wheels and tires and the DCT. Here's some pictures of them side-by-side. These pictures were taken at the end of the day and all the cones were already picked up. It's around 4:30-5:00 PM in mid-September, so the shadows are kind of long:

Crimson Red is not a bad red, but compared to the metallic LMB, the LMB just "pops" more. It has beautiful metal flakes in it, a light blue, a dark blue, and silver. I honestly don't know how anyone would regret getting this color. It really is a striking blue. You'll notice that we liked it so much that when I went looking for Z4 M Roadsters, the color I wanted was Interlagos Blue, very similar but not as bright and a bit more blue/purple, and I was very fortunate to find one. (Only 78 made for the US with IB and Extended Black Nappa Leather!) So now we have our own "Blue Bimmer Club".

Also, regarding the "Lemans", I'm just busting your "chop". The proper way to abbreviate it is "LMB".
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 01-21-2013 at 09:05 PM.