View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by vst335is View Post
I would recommend the 6 speed manual, it is far better than the "I" model. Mine has M short shifter, and the power/boost feels amazing. There were a few good reviews by autotrader and Motorsport about the manual transmission. They also said that if you are looking to buy the "is" with DCT you are probably buying the wrong car... hope this helps
There is absolutely no difference between the 6MT in the 335is and the 6MT in any other 335i. If the 335i has the M Sport Package it has exactly the same transmission, exactly the same short shifter, and exactly the same M Shift Knob. The M Sport Package is just "standard" with the 335is and has exactly the same components. The transmission has nothing to do with the 7 second 370 ft./lb. of torque boost.

It's true that many reviewers said that they like the 6MT better than the DCT. However, if you track the 335is Coupe, which is what BMW actually designed it for with the additional water cooler and the increased air flow with no fog lights, the DCT would be a better choice.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!