View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Playin' With Your Head

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen21 View Post
ASS - It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers most people. I wish they had done a better job with it but for now I am giving it a chance. If I can't live with it I will have it coded. So far I have not turned it off. I have not stalled or anything like that. There is a slight jerk when it starts up again but most of the time it is not noticeable. One time I had the window down and the sound did startle me then so I assume it sounds a little funny to anyone outside of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
I think I may be the only ASS man here :P The quietness of my car in standby accompanied by the savings on gas / emissions to the atmosphere. The slight jerk is an endearingly quirky part of my cars character.
I even find myself missing it when the engine is to cold to work. Am I drinking the koolade here?
I get mine by March 1 (I hope). I am wondering about ASS. I have heard from some that after the car is broken in, or after a few thousand miles, you don't feel the jerk of the start up from an ASS stop anymore, that the system smooths itself out. Can anyone vouch for this?

133U | 300 | 8AT | LCSW | ZDH | ZLP | ZPP | ZTP | 494 | 4AB | 508 | 5AC | 688