View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Playin' With Your Head
Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive
Originally Posted by Hagen21 View Post
ASS - It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers most people. I wish they had done a better job with it but for now I am giving it a chance. If I can't live with it I will have it coded. So far I have not turned it off. I have not stalled or anything like that. There is a slight jerk when it starts up again but most of the time it is not noticeable. One time I had the window down and the sound did startle me then so I assume it sounds a little funny to anyone outside of the car.
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
I think I may be the only ASS man here :P The quietness of my car in standby accompanied by the savings on gas / emissions to the atmosphere. The slight jerk is an endearingly quirky part of my cars character.
I even find myself missing it when the engine is to cold to work. Am I drinking the koolade here?
I get mine by March 1 (I hope). I am wondering about ASS. I have heard from some that after the car is broken in, or after a few thousand miles, you don't feel the jerk of the start up from an ASS stop anymore, that the system smooths itself out. Can anyone vouch for this?
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

133U | 300 | 8AT | LCSW | ZDH | ZLP | ZPP | ZTP | 494 | 4AB | 508 | 5AC | 688