View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 325i automatikgetriebe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
*All* new tires are gonna feel a sh!tload better than whatever they replaced....the first 50% of a tire`s life is usually good, the second half of it`s lifespan is what separates the *really good* tires from the mediocre ones....
No truer words have ever been written about performance tires.

I will need new tires by the end of the summer. Previous owner stuck a cheap a$$ set of Barums - a Conti owned brand from the Czech Republic - from Discount Tire at $79,00 per. Thanks for nothing! They are sort of quiet, dry brake well, handle decently but are water skis in the rain.

Car has the standard 16" wheel set up - 205/55/16. I want good handling, as quiet as possible and good wet traction/hydroplaning prevention. I could get by with Summer Perfornace tires being in TN (plus I have a LR for bad weather) but there are days here that start out at 60 degrees and four hours later we have ice and snow and 28 degress. From past experience, I like the Michelin Pilot Exalto and Bridgestone Pole Position 960s. Should I seriously consider the Continental (which one), another Michelin or Bridgestone? Any Goodyears worth considering? BTW - not a fan of Generals (despite good reviews) or the Firestone Firehawk. I look at Tire Rack and find myself liking everything I see.

Last edited by vandyboy; 01-22-2013 at 06:33 AM.