View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
The frame of the 335is grille (not grill, we're not talking BBQ here!) is black chrome. The slats are chrome on the front face only and black on the other three sides. I doubt that you will achieve the same look by piecing together the parts you mentioned. But hey, who else besides a 335is owner is going to know?
Yes, grillE Good point on the frame being black chrome - since you're an owner, do you feel that color actually looks different from the regular black on the perf grilles? On the few 335is I've seen next to 3ers with black perf grilles, there wasn't any discernable difference, but I might be wrong.

Also, do you have a reference that states the black is actually "black chrome"? I know the grilles are listed as "Schwarzchrom" ("black chrome"), but this might also just mean that they're black and chrome. Would be interesting to know either way.

The slats on the OEM chrome grille are actually also only chrome on the front face, and black on all other sides, so those might actually be identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Performance?
Yes, BMW's words. I believe it refers to the fact that they increase the 328's whp by 270, making it faster than comparable M3s.

Last edited by YoPapa; 01-22-2013 at 11:02 AM.