View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Actually this is a well known problem with the X5, but BMW has successfully covered it up. It is regularly discussed here on the forum, but as soon as the thread pops up it is deleted.

It is unusual that this has stayed up so long....

In snow country it is common to seen X5s clustered at the bottom of steep hills while other traffic passes them by...indeed, quite a few drivers have been cited for backing the wrong way up hills as well.

BMW should be embarassed.
That is just so nuts... Why, why, and why? I mean why this issue is so big that it is easier to cover than to fix, why does it happen is the first place and why don't we hear about it more often? I mean they can censor a forum but there are many other channels that are harder to control... I tried searching youtube and did not find anything related - only cool looking snow climbs and drifts where everything works as it should (of course).