View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillia View Post
You just gotta hate it when you have to leave $3000 at the dealership for service. I have an 08 335xi coupe with only 45K. I took it in for a transmission fluid leak on the garage floor after the car sat for a while. After I drove away I had a new Mechatronics sleeve, A new LF axle shaft seal, A new Thrust arm on the RF with alignment, A new Valve cover and trap door to address low crankcase pressure resulting in an oil leak and one selective item in a transfer case fluid change! Yikes!! Oh well I do love this car but right now it is a love/hate relationship!
Ouch. www.bimrs.org , www.bimmershops.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs View Post
I just bought a 2011 335i with xDrive yesterday. It has just over 17,000 miles. It was not CPO but I asked to see if they could add it. They charged me $1,500 to do it which I considered cheap insurance for the peace of mind it gives me.
Wise choice. That price is barely over the dealer's cost to BMWNA, about $1,300. Makes me wonder what, if anything, they did to bring the car to CPO standards. Get them to give you a copy of the CPO Inspection Checklist, they're required to under the CPO program rules. Also, get them to give you a copy of the work order showing whatever work they did to bring the car to CPO standards.

Then and Than are different words and they are not interchangeable.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **