View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i xDrive, 2014 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillia

You just gotta hate it when you have to leave $3000 at the dealership for service. I have an 08 335xi coupe with only 45K. I took it in for a transmission fluid leak on the garage floor after the car sat for a while. After I drove away I had a new Mechatronics sleeve, A new LF axle shaft seal, A new Thrust arm on the RF with alignment, A new Valve cover and trap door to address low crankcase pressure resulting in an oil leak and one selective item in a transfer case fluid change! Yikes!! Oh well I do love this car but right now it is a love/hate relationship!

Ouch. www.bimrs.org , www.bimmershops.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs

I just bought a 2011 335i with xDrive yesterday. It has just over 17,000 miles. It was not CPO but I asked to see if they could add it. They charged me $1,500 to do it which I considered cheap insurance for the peace of mind it gives me.

Wise choice. That price is barely over the dealer's cost to BMWNA, about $1,300. Makes me wonder what, if anything, they did to bring the car to CPO standards. Get them to give you a copy of the CPO Inspection Checklist, they're required to under the CPO program rules. Also, get them to give you a copy of the work order showing whatever work they did to bring the car to CPO standards.

Actually they have to do the full inspection required by BMW. If I didn't get the CPO, I would be picking it up today. With the inspection they are doing, it will be next Monday before its available. They said I will get a list of the inspection items they are required to do and also advise if any repairs are needed as a result of the inspection.