View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Coming from a car with a snap in Media cradle for my (since gone) iPhone 4, I made my own replacement version for my F30, with parts from ProClip USA. The phone now "docks" just ahead of the iDrive controller, and locks into a Lighting cable which is connected to the USB port in the center console. I can post a picture later.

This is the best of both worlds. The phone gets charged, you never "forget" to take it out of the armrest, you get the better sound quality via cable connection (vs. BT streaming), and the phone is visible and at finger's reach at all times. When it's in the Media cradle, it is hard to launch apps (i.e. Pandora) while connected.

The iPod Out interface is still superior to BMW's iDrive selection screen, but I can live without it, since the benefits are better.
Sounds cool. Please post a pic when you can.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®