View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Crapparatus Bendgineer

Mein Auto: E46 M3Cic6MT, E39 540iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudman View Post
You should post this in the classified forum. Everyone on this forum already owns an e39.

And yes, it is WAY overpriced. KBB has your car valued at $7.8K. You might want to rethink your asking price. Good luck!
Yeah. For "specialty" models I take book values with a grain of salt. Maybe they are useful for Camry's and Accords or something. I am fully certain they manipulate prices down for the trade-in and private-sale numbers while bumping them up for used-from-dealer. I could go on about it (like its partially because their paying customers are auto dealers and also that the private sale numbers are pushed down by people mis-reporting sale prices to save sales tax...) But hitting Autotrader and Cars.com and Craigslist for comps IMO the only accurate way to know what value is. Only matters what your real alternatives are.

Just as example - Cars.com right now only has (4) 2003 E39 wagons, and they have 90-118k on them:
One is a 105k Sport for $8.6k so thats the bargain and closest supports the arguments here although 25k more miles.
Another 100k Sport that looks minty for $12k
Another 90k Non-sport that looks fair for $11k
Another 118k Non-sport looks very good for $10k

Golly F-in gee no mint 80k Touring Sports for $6k. What a suprize. I mean no offense but the way people ring in about markets they really don't know anything about is just silly...
2008 Audi A3 2.0T DSG (hers)
1999 Cherokee Sport 4L (trailer-hitched in-law loaner bomber)

Some Stuff FS