View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A Gamma Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by slven View Post
Thanks. I think my husband's argument is also why continue throwing good money at bad....and as much as I love the car, it is time to cut losses and sell it (or trade in) while we can still get something for it. At a minimum, I know I will need new tires soon and as mentioned, I don't think the clutch can go too much longer before it gives out...and that's quite an expense.

I really had no issues with my car until the past 7-8 months, so starting around 155k miles. Those with 100-120k miles, I was in the same boat too back then - no issues. Now, slowly becoming different story. We did end up stranded on a hot summer day last summer in Dunkin donuts parking lot when my ignition suddenly went and car would not start and had to call AAA. Luckily, we were 2 miles away from home and about 5 miles away from the service center....but not sure what I would have done on a hot summer day further away from home and with a newborn in the car nonetheless. While i know that may still happen with a new car, I think the general thought is that its still less likely to...so, when I think of that, I think parting with my beloved 2005 x3 may have to be.
Totally understandable. I'm going to try and follow in Murray's footsteps. The man is my inspiration....

http://driving-line.com/volume-vi/bm...murray-fowler/