View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 740iL
Can I chime in here? I am also very new to the BMW forum but not cars. I have been buying and selling cars for a long time. I recently purchased my first BMW. a 1999 740iL and as I was searching for cars I was absolutely amazed at how some people would present a car for sale. Opening the doors to find trash spilling out or opening the hood to find leaves and oil slung everywhere does not exude confidence in a purchase. But people do it all the time! This is nothing new....but amazes me every time I look at cars for sale (especially those sold privately).

When you think of the quality/looks/performance of automobile that you get in a BMW for the price of a used up Toyota....I would say that when it comes time to sell your BMW you need to make it stand out from the rest of the crowd and make sure it is spotlessly clean. Then don't worry so much about the asking price, just ask your price and let the potential buyer make the choice between your gorgeous car and someone elses junk pile on wheels.