View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 3.0si
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
We buy a lot of gas at Costco also. When I mentioned this to my dealer salesperson, he said I should go talk to the dealer's service people about Costco and Sam's Club gas. I haven't verified this but he said that every time they've seen a clogged injector on a car it's been an engine that's been fed a steady diet of Costco/Sam's fuel. It was his strong recommendation to not put their gas in these newer BMW engines - something about not adding Techron or some other additive that just about everyone else adds. That was right before I drove off with what was apparently a bad load of gas that the dealer put in the car.

grilodan, my apologies for offending your sensibilities. I'm new back to BMW after a 10 year hiatus from their cars and not that familiar with why they call the new models what they do. I'll be sure to name it correctly when I post.

Gas brands such as Chevron, Shell, and BP have higher amounts of detergents than Costco.

I sometimes use junk gas, but I also use a PEA fuel additive 1000 miles before an oil change.

Such as Techron, Redline SL1 or Regane.