View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 12 550xi
I don't know how far along you are in detailing, but congrats on your new BMW.

Phil at detailersdomain.com is a forum sponsor. He give excellent advice and carries a great line of products. Check his site out, and give him a call.

I'm a fan of both Porter Cable and Flex Random Oribital buffers.

Flex is a more powerful and capable machine than the Porter Cable, but doesn't put your cat at a tone of risk for buffing (like a noob at a dealership taking a wool pad with a single orbit buffer).

Menzerna makes a great line of products. You'll wash and clay bar the car. Then polish with a good polish--no glaze to hide the swirls. They must be removed, which isn't hard with a good Random Orbital buffer.

Menzerna's FG400 with the right pad might take out your swirls. You'll need to topcoat with a good sealant or wax. Menzerna Powerlock is one of the best out there right now. Each person has their favorites.

Learning to detail your own car is fun, challenging, and can be a hobby. I'd give Phil a call....http://www.detailersdomain.com/

It can take some time. Even as an all in one product, Einszett (1Z) metallic polish/wax will make your car look great. To get a car truly looking its best, it can take some time. If you aim for 1 day, it can be a 6am to 11pm deal. I'd wait until after winter.

Good luck!

I personally use Menzerna, P21S, Sonax, Einszett products among others on my 550. My spring detail is going to be busy!

Good luck. Check out the detailing forum too.