View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquasedhc View Post
i live in the UK or from the UK but work between UK and the STATES.....but now with NIGERIA

the car was bought in the STATES where i drove it for a year....i brought my car to NIGERIA, AFRICa. its been here only 2months.....its in NIGERIA i got the fuel.
plus i had the car worked on before it was shipped to nigeria
Hi! Now I understand about the quality of petrol!!!!! I think what others have mentioned give the fuel system a good flush, maybe consider as mentioned changing the fuel filter. If possible give the car a very long run as short runs will not get the engine, catalytic converters up to temperature were they burn off all of the impurities. Remember it takes a good 35-45 mins of driving for these temperatures to be reached!!!!!! You may want to check the air intake and MAF in case you have a dust issue?????
Have to say your very brave to take a 6 series to Nigeria, I think i would have left it somewhere garaged and used something else in country! But I suppose because it is left hand drive you wanted to get as much out of the car as possible!!!!!!

Does my bum look good in this !

Last edited by 645/333; 01-23-2013 at 02:05 AM.