Thread: sway bars!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
Been there, done that with my E46 M3...and the sway bars were TOO STIFF, thus they ripped out their anchoring points after multiple driving schools. Re-welding was required. Lesson: how are you going to determine that the sway bars are NOT too stiff for your suspension and TEAR THROUGH their anchoring points?

BTW...mine were installed by"EXPERTS" from the sway bar company...directly from the factory...and they were TOO STIFF (rear).

Of course if you don't go screaming around a road course track for 6 - 7 sessions, they might not crack the anchoring points.
I recall someone having issues with cracking anchoring points on their E9X with stock sway bars. I believe the issue was quality related. If I recall right they at least claimed not to be doing any extensive tracking of the car.

For some people, the quest for a stiffer suspension often ends in poor overall ride and performance. Not to mention the ueber tuners that end up riding on cars that just bounce and bounce over every little road imperfection, loosening all fillings in their mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY

Last edited by cwinter; 01-23-2013 at 08:40 AM.