View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman519 View Post
No problem SilverX3 and I guess you did address part of the issue 08335i. I guess what I'm wondering is whether or not a PIAA/Silverstar H8 bulb could be a direct repalcement for the OEMs with the brightness being increased in the daytime.
An H8 is an H8 .... it's a standard, just like a 194 and 1157 bulbs, and because it's a fog/aux. bulb, you're going to have to look hard and long to find a bulb 'brighter' then 35 watts or 'whiter' then 3400K. And if you find one, you're going to have to order it and pay accordingly. The H7 bulbs, because they're termed as 'headlight, low beam' can be found almost anywhere at prices from $20 to about $60 per pair. I'm a firm believer in being able to get 'common' components quickly and locally. And I don't mind a little 'engineering' to get the results I want. When my fog lights need replacing, I'll do the same thing, go to my local auto parts store, buy a pair of Sylvania SilverStar ZXE H7 bulbs for $65, trim the tang and enjoy the increased light output.

Your choice, play follow the leader or do something different.

JB4 PNP .... Love at every stomp on the go pedal!