View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillia View Post
You just gotta hate it when you have to leave $3000 at the dealership for service. I have an 08 335xi coupe with only 45K. I took it in for a transmission fluid leak on the garage floor after the car sat for a while. After I drove away I had a new Mechatronics sleeve, A new LF axle shaft seal, A new Thrust arm on the RF with alignment, A new Valve cover and trap door to address low crankcase pressure resulting in an oil leak and one selective item in a transfer case fluid change! Yikes!! Oh well I do love this car but right now it is a love/hate relationship!
I just had a mechatronics sleeve replaced also. How much did you pay? Mine included replacing the eletronic device inside of there (sometimes the dealership does not do that) and the tranny fluid.

I went into the dealership for free service checkup and they hit me with three items. i wasn't ready to pay $1,300 so decided to take it home. Called my indy shop and they thought it weird the mechatronics sleeve needed to be replaced...they confirmed it did. The dealership also said my oil gasket was leaking but the garage said it was not.

Mechatronics sleeve (including the electronic component and trans fluid change)
Oil Change
plus one other item

1300$

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.