View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 e91 X-drive, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by des16 View Post
First, while I respect someone's choice to by an X3, I repeat it is like apples and oranges. I have driven the X3, and the driving experience is completely different from the F31 -- and yes, I have driven the F31 (in France). Additionally, the F31 gas mileage is 20% higher than the X3. So, it is not on my radar screen, and I imagine the same holds true for those of us who are niche wagon buyers. That being said, as the previous post notes, there are only two choices: Allroad or F31. My test drives have not been back to back, but, having driven both, I am would definitely recommend the F31. Additionally, the gas mileage on the F31 is substantially better than the Audi, and it comes with the free service, which has to be worth a couple of thousand dollars (based on my previous ownership experience with my E90 and E46). All that being said, it does get me agitated that European drivers have so many better choices, including manual and diesels, and furthermore, that they don't get ripped off for buying a wagon. But, this of course reflects our SUV society where choices are numerous, and competition is keen.
All good what you said, but they do get ripped off for buying anything, compare to US car buyers.
Choices-yes, but maybe these low prices limit our choices?