View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM
WYKDBMR

Mein Auto: BMW E39 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxd0018 View Post
OMG, the mechanic said to take out oil pan, he has to lift the engine and labor cost $600. The oil pan itself cost another $600. Luckly the broken screw is still in the hole and mechanic is able to get it out. I'm surprise with part of hole blocked, the oil comes out smoothly.
I was stupid to pay $85 to get a computer code reading. I heard from the board that autozone gives a free reading? My previous shop at jersey city doesn't charge for code reading but I was not thinking straight. After all, he only charge $10 to get broken screw out and I gonna reuse the original oil.
However, since there is some oil leakage, my o2 sensor is not activated. Here are the codes: 233,234,222,50,209,212,216. Where can I find more info about each code and implication?
Mechanic will charge 1hr labor to clean the oil first then try to find leakage. Is it reasonable? He said it's a must but I'm not sure.

Wow! Mechanics these days! I changed my oil pan a while back myself and it only cost me around $80 that was for new oil and used oil pan I took off from a car at the junk yard...my neighbor lent me an engine hoist so I lucked out. Good thing he is gonna be able to take it out though.

Autozone does not let anyone rent their scanners or check codes for free anymore. I tried yesterday and they said they didn't do that anymore. However, pepboys does it for free . As far as the codes have u tried Google to search them??