View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '99 528i, M52TU w/stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSmall View Post
Greetings from the Black Hills. I have newly aquired a 2000 528i sport with the I6. I have been replacing sensors, and I'm down to the knock sensors. I went to install the new sensors, and I found the harness side recepticle, but no knock sensors! ...anywhere! And this would explain why I keep getting that code. My problem is I have no idea where the mounting points are. I see several threaded female openings on the block, and from the viewing angle I have, I don't see any obvious ones to start with. Having searched the forum for these questions with no luck, I decided to post these 3 questions:

Where are the mounting holes for the two knock sensors?

If I need to remove other components to install the new sensors, is there a DIY thread on here?

Does anyone know the size/thread cut of the mounting bolts? (I'm pretty sure mine are MIA)

Thanks in advance for any beta that can be shared.
Curt
I Googled and got a link to an M54 engine block with the sensors still attached. Should be the same for your M52TU. These two sensors share one plug and are buried underneath the intake manifold. Not sure how easy it will be to get to them....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=199