View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Bond Girl
Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by Maccally View Post
I currently have an e30 and an e34. I'm about to buy a used e90, but before I start seriously looking, I thought I'd come here and ask a few questions.

First off, are there any major issues with the 2007 328i's? Is there something in particular that I should be looking for, as far as something needing attention or fixing. For example, I know a lot of e34's had cooling issues. They also had the wheel wobble at 55MPH, etc, etc...

Second, what type of maintenance should I expect on one of these cars? Being that they're about 6-7 years old now. Is it going to be ridiculous, or are they pretty solid, even when they start nearing the 100k mark?

I test drove my first e90 yesterday and was immediately in love with it. It was a 328i, not even a 335i. I'm looking for something in the 2006-2008 range, so keep that in mind. Thanks in advance for your help!
I recently bought my 2007 328i, and I can see how you were immediately in love with it. When I test drove mine at the dealership, it was basically love at first drive! Mine had 79,500 miles on it at purchase, and I paid 15k before taxes. They wanted 17,500 after taxes, but I was able to negotiate and get them to knock a grand off the base price for minor hail damage on the hood and just the simple fact that it had higher mileage on it than you'd expect of a driver who typically averaged 15,000 miles a year. As far as maintenance, I haven't had any major issues at all mechanically. I recently got my front bumper repaired because I cracked it on a curb when backing out of a parking lot (my fault, obviously, and I still am haunted by the day it happened ) and the maintenance was a bit pricey for them to remove the bumper, repair the crack, and re-paint it ($700), but it would have been more if I'd gotten a brand new bumper... but those kinds of prices are expected when owning a BMW, so I couldn't really gripe about it for too long. Anyway, I have no knowledge of typical issues with the E90, and from what I hear from other owners they are very reliable even when the mileage is up there. I'm sure there are a few minor issues here and there though, that other posters have already described. Just wanted to throw my two cents in since I'm a proud 2007 328i owner who loves this car. Good luck with your purchase, and if you go forward with it, you're not going to regret it.

"Just the thing for unwinding after a rough day at the office."
BMW CCA Member 473595

2009 E90 Alpine White | Saddle Brown | Sport | Premium | Comfort Access | iDrive | Steptronic | Super Fantastic | Bavarian Beast