View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM

Mein Auto: 528i e39
First of all I am sorry for freaking out but its not like I just stuck my finger in there I used a peice of rolled up foam and once I saw that that was slowing it down I slowly put my finger along the blades and stooped it but I digress. I believe I have figured out my problem thanks to everyone's help which I am thankful for I believe that it.is a combination of two thing
1. Fan clutch
2 auxiliary fan as well

So that brings me to another question since I am missing my AC button I cannot turn it on to test my auxiliary fan. But I used a screwdriver to try and spin it by hand. It will spin about a half an inch in either direction but then stops. The information I have come across leads me to believe that the fan should b able to spin freely with the car turned off is this correct?

One more thing JASON once again I apoligize for freaking out I just purchased the car a few months ago and since this overheating issue I have been stuck driving my Dodge hemi GETTING 10 MPG and having to drive my girlfriend to work and the kid to school making rediculouse round trips a day wasting money on gas and getting as little as 2 hours of sleep a night because of this. So I was deffanately on edge and just needed to get this problem fixed. But I believe I have the problem figured out now as long as my assumption of the auxiliary fan ( explained above) is correct. Once again my sincere apologies sir thanks for your help and knowledge

Matt