View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550i 6MT m sport
"Did you test drive the sports auto on an F10? It literally has nothing in common with any "auto" made before it."

I did when I test drove the 550i at the dealer. Now keep in mind, I am too polite to push the car enough to get a true sense of its capabilities. I find it rude to do that when I have a passenger let alone a sales person and with a car that ISN'T mine. So I couldn't really get a good sense. To be honest, I am probably biased towards manual because it is such second nature to me. I don't even think about it and I can tailor my driving style any way I want.

Now I left the test drive THOROUGHLY impressed. Remember however that my baseline is a 12 year old car so my baseline is pretty low (2001 540i 6 spd). My impressions after driving was how FAST AND civilized the car was. Yes it's larger and heavier but I too am at a point in my life where I want a greater dose of comfort without sacrificing sportiness. I feel this 5 has done EXACTLY that. I can only imagine how my car with IAS and DDC will feel like (both features missing from the test drive). Oh and by the way, the steering loading was horrid (but I forgive it given how awesome everything else) was.