View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
I think I have the same problem, going in on Monday for it.
I can smell it in the morning when the car is started first time. Unfortunately, it's a 1hr drive to the dealer. Going to have hard time replicating it there, and of course expecting smirks.
However, this new dealer (an hour away vs 15 min, my first dealer) has successfully taken care of door creak and buzz in door trim - unlike the dealer 15 min away who blamed it on window tint.
I had to record the buzz on my phone and play it back to forcem to remove the trim and inspect. Guess what - a loose screw was causing buzz sound that drove me crazy for months.

When I smelled the fumes, I did check the EGR valve, and it looked clean. Does it mean it's not leaking? Maybe. But maybe it's leaking and stays clean.

To prove I am not crazy, I even thought to buy a cheap battery powered CO detector and put it to the vent when starting vehicle in the morning - while videotaping of course.
But diesel does not produce a lot of CO (unlike petrol) - might not even get detected.
I could smell the diesel exhaust in the 2nd row vents a lot better than on drivers.

Will be interesting on Monday.