View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
HMM, from wiki

FlexRay is an automotive network communications protocol developed by the FlexRay Consortium to govern on-board automotive computing. It is designed to be faster and more reliable than CAN and TTP, but it is also more expensive. The FlexRay consortium disbanded in 2009, but the specifications are still available for download at the FlexRay website. The FlexRay standard is currently being converted into an ISO standard.[1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaj View Post
We took the car in for the annual service about 1 month ago. I explained the odd behavior to our service adviser. In addition to the poor handling we also had a few steering malfunction messages pop. Right away he said it sounded like a software issue. They ran some scans and found many faults for flex-ray (not sure what they were and I am reading off he service invoice). According to paper work they did an at5100_zgm to resync the flex-ray. They also did the update for the acceleration hesitation at the same time. The car is much much more stable now and the acceleration is much smoother. It feels like a different car and I enjoy driving it now!