View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 750i
Question head gasket replacement & spark plug tubes, etc

I was putting in a quart every 7-800 miles also.. Problem started to come to light at about 90,000 miles while car was under extended warranty. The dealer (A) did its best to ignore our concerns and then overstuffed the car with oil when we tried to get a true benchmark. To make a long story short, my husband got ill and passed away over the period of 18 moths and car concerns went on the back burner. Had an independent mechanic take care of car needs during this period and eventually he had me put in heavier weight oil for the last year which helped some...at his suggestion until I could contact BMW and get the repairs needed. He said he couldn't understand why a BMW flagship car should have the leakage at such low mileage and young age. I have now had the head gasket replaced, as well as some spark plug tubes and the 'snowman' is being watched by a local BMW dealership (B) (at least $3000) and I am sending the record and bill to BMW for reimbursement. Currently there are 138000 miles on the car and the driveway is full of old oil spots. I personally have not seen any leakage since the repair this past month, but it will be going back for another inspection the beginning of this month. Our previous 740iL (1995) had 369000 miles on it before it died with oil usage in the reasonable range and no burning. When we bought it it had about 30,000 miles on it. What gives?